Saturday, January 28, 2006

Adventures, continued

Last night was deadly slow, and considering it was a Thursday that's pretty troubling. But maybe the weekend will redeem us. I did 8 runs the whole night, and that was only because I closed, which is ridiculous.

Meth-boy had called again, during the day shift, Abdul told me. He said that when he went to 'his' house he was there dutifully standing by the mailbox, shivering in the cold. Abdul laughed at this, and I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a prick and a persistent no-tipper.

News to the customers of the world: if you don't tip, we hate you. And if you're a regular customer, and never ever tip, our hatred is limitless. It's irrational and silly, we know, but we don't care, we despise you with every fiber of our being. We will do whatever it takes to frustrate you, screw up your order, ensure it's cold when it arrives, make you stand in the freezing cold to get it, whatever. We may smile to your face but you can rest assured that when we turn our backs we're cursing you and yours.

Now it doesn't take much to avoid this sort of enmity. Just give us a couple of bucks. That's all it takes. The average tip for a pizza delivery is 2$ and if you give that every time I can assure you that your delivery guy will do his best to get your stuff to you hot and on time. If you want to give more, great, 3, 4 even 5 bucks are all of course appreciated and will only increase your standing in our eyes.

Of course there are the weirdos who tip more than that. I'm not talking about big tips on large orders, that's understandable and expected. If you have 100$ worth of pizza coming give 10 or 15 when it arrives. But we have a couple of regulars who order a standard amount of pizza, 20-30 bucks worth, and then will tip 7-10 dollars. Of course everyone wants to take their runs, but I can't help feeling that there's something wrong with these guys...like they expect a little more for their generosity. I'll let my dear readers look between the lines for their answers, but let's just say that in the summer these guys always answer the door shirtless.

But to sum up: just tip people. What you give will be returned to you ten-fold, or something like that.

3 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Smith said...

Thanks for finally posting another pizza run story. i want to go oversears too!! Let me know if you find anything good. really ... where do you look? I was offered a job overseas. Then my boyfriend proposed. I ended up not going. STUPID thing I did because it didn't work out and now i'm aching to find something again.

Anthony Wayne Thompson said...

I'm hoping to go to Korea, there are a lot of entry level jobs there teaching english and the pay is pretty good.