Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Hero is a Glorious Drunkard


I think Christopher Hitchens is one of the most interesting people alive today, and I try to read and listen to everything he writes or says. Like so many great lettered men he also is, apparently, an incorrigible drunkard, not that I think that's necessarily a great fault.

You can read of his most recent drunken adventures here, in the observer, which has, may I just say, come up with a terrificly droll title for that piece.

Speaking of drunken adventures, whoa was Friday tough on the old constitution. I nearly broke my 5 or 6 year long streak of having not puked. Joey wanted to go to Seoul and we wound up in some dance club in Hongdae and that's always bad news. But I made more of a fool out of myself with my weird gyrations on the smoky dance floor no doubt than I did with my over-consumption of 3 dollar jack and cokes. I really should know by now that I should never dance. Ever. Never ever.

No comments: