Monday, January 05, 2009

The Year In Review - The Tonys

(Also with Wikipedia links!!)

No, not those Tonys, these Tonys reward moments in our (not so) young (anymore) hero's life during the past year.

Best Moment of the Year: The epiphany I had sometime in September about never going home again.

Worst Moment of the Year: (Tie) Borrowing money from my parents, again. And waking up in a sleazy hotel room in Rome with about 100 bug bites all over my body.

Most Embarrassing Moment: hob-nobbing with the Wuxi-German glitterati at a local night club, drinking too much, and let's just say attracting too much negative attention to myself.

Best Places I Visited: Koh Samet, Thailand and Barcelona.

Worst Place I Visited: Naples. Maybe it was the garbage in the streets, the slack jawed scoundrels on ever corner, or the fact that I spent most of my time there scratching said bug bites, but I didn't like it. The pizza was good, tho.

The Hey We Should've Planned This Award: Missing out on the running of the bulls in Pamplona.
Strangest Culinary Experience: Eating fish heads for dinner in Wuxi. Runner up: eating homemade kimchi jigae with some Koreans Joey and I met in Paris (thanks to his "waegukin" shirt) - it was delicious, btw.

The Aren't We Friends Award: Throwing beer on Dave and then fighting in the streets of Florence. Good times.

Worst Airline Experience: 7 hours from Dublin to New York next to a chatty well-fed Irish lass.

It Could've Been Worse Airline Experience: 14 hours New York to Beijing with an aisle seat and an empty seat to t'other side.

The Bad Blokes Award: Me, Dave, Bryce, and Stephen, for getting too drunk and almost starting a fight with a bunch of Irishmen. Details here.

Favorite Engrish Encounter: "Sun your buns in hell" on a T-shirt.

Best Asia-Themed Youtube Video: Kickin' It In Geumchon.

No comments: