Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Holy Shit I Can't Wait For This

Bob Dylan's back in the studio; album will be released in the next few months

I am really, really excited about this. It's been a long time since 2001's Love & Theft, but if the new album is anything like that one then it will have been worth it. Dylan seems to be taking his time with new releases in his old age, 1997's Time Out of Mind jump-started the whole Dylan-revival that got me interested in his music, and then Love & Theft confirmed that the old man still has it, in spades, but it took four long years for the sequel to come out. I've heard rumors that this could be it, that he may release this album in May and then walk away from music for good...I don't believe that, he's been doing the Never Ending Tour for almost 20 years so why stop now? But I don't know what it's like to be 65 anymore than the next 23-year old, so who can say?

Whatever happens, I'm just glad to have one more new album from the master, even if this is it. Now if we can just get a NET bootleg series going, then we'll have something...

No comments: