Wednesday, February 15, 2006

To Quote Dylan: "Things Have Changed..."


Wow, a lot has happened in the last few days.

On Friday I finally got my diploma from UNC, which for whatever reason does not have them ready for the December grads when they graduate.

I emailed the Korean recruiter I'd been working with and let her know I now actually had my physical diploma and could prove that I had my degree with more than just a transcript...I did this on Sunday I believe.

Monday, last night, she calls me and says she has a position lined up for me in Incheon, which is a large city (mid-sized, by their standards) just to the South of Seoul. Think Philadelphia:New York::Incheon:Seoul. She says all I need to do is speak briefly with the principal at the school and with this guy named Joey, who is another English teacher and who's been in Korea for a few months after likewise being recruited by the same person. I did so, liked what I heard, and accepted the position.

Today, this morning, I received the contract via email, looked over it and talked about it with my recruiter, and signed it. Tomorrow or the next day, after I've got all my shit squared away, I'll send it off to Incheon.

Next Friday, the 24th of February, if all goes as planned, I'll board a plane and head off to the other side of the world...where I'll land in the famous and architecturally interesting Incheon airport, featured above.

No comments: