Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Living Reflection From A Dream

Below is a befuddling excerpt from a conversation I had with one of my co-teachers today. She had needed to use my room for a test, causing me to have to make some changes in my schedule, and she was apologizing/thanking me for that.

Co-teacher: Thank you one more time. I like your tenderness.

Our Hero: My what?

Co-teacher: Tend rance?

Our Hero: Oh...ok, thank you.

Co-teacher: Do you like Tetris?

Our Hero: Tetris? Of course, I love Tetris!

Co-teacher: I sent you some Tetris.

Our Hero: Oh, thank you, I guess.

When I got back to my office I figured the whole thing out. She had sent me a gift, and was asking if I liked it. It was a box full of tangerines.

I'm pretty good at getting through the accent, but sometimes it's just too much.

No comments: