Wednesday, March 29, 2006

You Got To Have Powaaa!

There's this part in Back to the Future II that Lee and I always thought was funny, where MJ Fox is trying to get his hoverboard to slide across the water and the battery dies or something, and one of Biff's gang, this Asian guy living in the far distant future (was it 2005 or 2015? I can't remember) and who's decked out in a helmet and a flashy jacket and all that jazz yells at his would-be prey: "You got to have powaaa!" in a really funny Asian accent.

I was reminded of that scene when I came home today.

No power.

Fuck.

The delightful soul who lived in my apartment before I arrived wasn't a big fan of things like, oh, I dunno...paying bills. So since I've arrived I've received several stern-looking letters with Korean versions of 'past due' and 'delinquent' written all over them. Everytime I get one I just pass it on to my boss, Jason, and hope he takes care of it. Well, apparently he didn't...

Jason assured me earlier tonight, when I called him from a pay phone in front of Wal-mart, that the power would be back on tomorrow morning or tomorrow night, at the latest...of course there's a problem with that, you see, I still have to deal with to-night, b/c, you know, it's not yet tomorrow night...nice.

Whatever. I can deal...and I slept a coupla nights sans power when I first arrived, anyway. I have Jenn to thank for that, too, btw. And the hot water worked then, so I was still able to take a shower.

I guess I'm just glad I brought a battery powered alarm clock with, or, well, maybe not. At least then I'd have an excuse for oversleeping manana...

No comments: